Cat Lost During Fire Is Found 2 Months Later By The Family Dog.
Christine Marr was at work when she received a call from a local fireman earlier this year. When he told her her house had caught fire, the first thing that came to mind was her dogs, Smoke, Chloe, and Ringer, who were inside at the time of the fire.
The firefighter informed Marr that her dog, Chloe, had been discovered laying on the floor of the room where she normally went when she was terrified or worried.
They discovered her sleeping in the toilet because that’s always been her safe zone, so that’s where she rushed to during the fire.”
Firefighters informed Marr that Chloe was in critical condition and needed to be sent to the veterinarian straight away. Because they didn’t have any canine oxygen masks on their vehicle, the firemen used a human oxygen mask to resuscitate her before hurrying her away to seek further assistance.
“She was on the verge of dying. “They stated she was very much gone until the oxygen mask arrived,” Marr added.
Smoke, Marr’s cat, was also discovered inside the house by firefighters, but she did not survive. When Marr inquired about her other cat, Ringer, the firefighter stated that they had not located another cat, implying that Ringer had most likely perished in the fire.
Ringer and Chloe had always been close friends, so this was especially painful to the family. The cat and dog were both cautious around outsiders, but they flourished when they were with each other. While Marr was heartbroken about the loss of her kittens, she tried to focus all of her energy on helping Chloe recover. Without the assistance of the firemen, it would be impossible to complete the task.
Marr returned to her family’s destroyed home in the weeks following the fire to feed the several barn cats that had taken up residence on the property. She searched and screamed out for her cat Ringer every time she returned, just in case he had survived the fire and was still lurking around the home.
“I went there every day for a month and phoned for Ringer,” Marr said. “I phoned and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called and called “I just couldn’t believe he died in the fire.”
However, as the weeks passed, Marr began to accept the possibility that Ringer would most likely never return home.
Marr’s husband decided to take her back to the house on Mother’s Day, almost two months after the fire, where he had been hard at work rebuilding and renovating it. They decided to bring their dog Chloe with them on a whim because the house had been cleaned sufficiently for her to come inside and wander around with them. Chloe began eagerly smelling the floor as soon as they arrived at the house, which looked natural to her parents – until she began licking and scratching it as well.
They reached the dining room, where there was a wide breach in the wall that led down beneath the house, as they walked through the home.
Marr and her husband were nearly certain that the emaciated, filthy cat in front of them wasn’t their beloved Ringer, but the little ring around his tail proved that Ringer had gone beneath the floorboards and survived the fire.
He’d gone nearly two months without food or drink, so the pair grabbed him up and rushed him out to the car to take him to the vet. When they got inside the car and Chloe noticed Ringer, she completely freaked out because she was so happy to see her best buddy again.
“She was bouncing up and down in the backseat, very eager,” Marr recalled. “She was trying to leap up front to get to Ringer.”
The vet came out to speak with Marr and her husband after evaluating Ringer and listened closely to Ringer’s story of survival.
“‘This cat is a miracle,’ he added. ‘This cat will live,’ Marr declared.
Ringer is presently healing at home with his family. He’s in high spirits, despite having some difficulty eating and drinking, and his family is still shocked that he survived the fire and returned home to them.
#animalsrescue #dogrescue #catrescue